Browsing the Web safely
Grade 5 students are learning best practices for internet browsing. They will be able to:
- tell if a connection is secure by checking if there is a green lock and https in the address line.
- identify suspicious links, banner ads, and adware symptoms (like ad popups where they did not happen before).
- download Ad Block extension from getadblock.com.
The students will be applying the following hands-on methods for reducing the attack surface of their web browsers:
- disabling extensions that they don’t use.
- disabling autofill.
- clearing third-party cookies,
- clearing browser history, and cache: