How to give credit for online content
The students are learning that to avoid plagiarizing someone else’s work, they should show respect to the author by giving a citation.
The students will be able to:
– define plagiarism and describe its consequences.
– explain how giving credit is a sign of respect for people’s work.
– articulate when it is acceptable to use people’s work, and how to write a citation.
– explain the value of giving proper citations.
– name the components of an MLA style citation for different types of websites.
– create MLA style citations for online articles and professional sites.